Mission Statement: The object of the Franklin County Historical Society – Kittochtinny shall be to foster increased knowledge of the history of Franklin County and the Cumberland Valley through a museum and library, to publish papers of the corporation at irregular intervals, to oversee property and assets received, and to promote preservation of historic sites.
The Franklin County Historical Society – Kittochtinny is a non-profit organization, founded in 1898 to collect, preserve, and make available to the public materials relating to the historical development of the Cumberland Valley, its people, and, even more specifically, to Franklin County. It offers the use of its library and archives to both the serious researcher and the general public during hours of operation.
The Society is responsible for the Old Jail museum, the John Brown House, the Brown’s Mill School, the Chambersburg-Bedford Turnpike Tollhouse and the Carrick Furnace.
Franklin County Historical Society – Kittochtinny
175 E. King Street
Chambersburg, PA 17201
Executive Director: Ann Hull
Administrative Assistant: Ingrid Winckler
Operations Manager: Jenny Shifler
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Sue Burkey – Vice President
Joyce Horst – Treasurer
Neil Rensch – President
Michele Wade – Secretary